•Passionate about QUALITY LEARNING and less focused on ACCREDITATION and RECOGNITION?
•Prepared to work with our standard contracts?
•Prepared to join IARC (International Accreditation & Recognition Council) AND maintain your membership?
•Willing and able to attend our Australian or UK staff for several days to fast track becoming familiar with operations, services and products?
If you answered "YES" to all of the above, please read on:
- Run OUR courses through YOUR school
- Deliver courses by correspondence, online or on CD
- Set your own fees and adjust courses
- ACS provides marketing and IT support
- ACS provides assistance with tutoring
- Licensees market, teach and administrate
- Different levels of affiliations: Commission-Earning, Foundation, Standard and Premium
Who can be an affiliate?
- Established colleges or institutions
- Businesses involved in training who are ready to move into successful online training
- Anyone who's ready to run a school
- Any individual or company interested in selling quality educational products
Standard affiliation Contract
Our standard affiliates license provides a license to sell and deliver our standard 100 hour courses, and our range of ebooks. There are around 600 courses, and established affiliates typically generate over AUD $100,000 in sales annually, and some over AUD$1 million.
You will need to develop or license a course delivery system (software) separately if you wish to deliver courses on line. Because your system will be separate, you need to maintain it yourself; adding course updates periodically.
You need to establish payment systems that work to process payments within the web site. (e.g. Bank transfers/credit cards); and build the system into your web site.
- Manual reporting of sales for billing
- The initial establishment fee is only $4,950 (+ GST if applicable)
Contact [email protected] for more information. (See sample contracts below)
The Premium License is the best way to fast track a business; It offers the best potential to earn a considerable, profitable income.
It works best for those who have the time, resources and commitment to devote to developing a new business enterprise which recognises and builds on the model which we have tested and proven over decades with ACS in our schools in the UK and Australia.
We have seen spectacular successes with new affiliations.
The successes have almost always been characterised by three things:
1. Marketing - the ability to get lots of leads and an ability to close a sale
2. Product Knowledge - knowing what our courses and books are; and using them as they were developed to be used.
3. Differentiation - working with us to package the services and products in a way that is different to other affiliates. In this way, finding and developing untapped niche markets.
Failures have inevitably been characterised by one or more of the following:
- Falsely assuming they could make our courses into something they were never intended to be. (One common example is focusing too much on selling qualifications rather than focusing on selling the learning).
- Assigning the job of marketing and sales to people who are experienced in selling accredited courses, or who are not skilled in sales
- Procrastination; taking too long to launch the business. Some spend so much time trying to perfect everything on a web site, that they run out of finance and motivation before they even start trying to sell a course.
What you get:
1. Template Web Site –provides you with a "manageable".Net" site that has the capacity to sell both courses and ebooks. Basic information is already loaded onto the site to sell courses and ebooks (Only names, prices and a very brief generic description for each; but enough to begin making sales immediately if you have a customer ready to buy). Minimal other information is already on the site
2. Online Course Delivery System – We provide a unique channel for online delivery of courses. Using software written by our staff, access to courses is directly from a database maintained by our staff; but the technology will automatically re-brand the courses with each affiliates own name and logo. Because you are accessing course materials from our database; rather than your own; you do not have the ongoing added cost of needing to upload revised courses into your database each time something is updated.
Note: You will need to expand, and if you want, change the minimal information on the site we supply, to create a uniqueness and optimise the site.
3. An online affiliates room with tools for training yourself and staff; marketing advice and a directory of potential tutors. We maintain this as a register for people around the world who are seeking employment as tutors. There are often hundreds listed; who have had a preliminary screening by ACS. This makes it easy for you to find and employ tutors whenever you need them.
4. Access to an online repository of all courses and books. These products are continually being revised and added to, so you have access to the latest version of everything.
5. Support from ACS staff in both the UK and Australia, through out affiliates manager
The initial establishment fee is $7,950 (+ GST if applicable) –but for this added cost, you are likely to become operational faster; and incur lower set up costs.
- The payment system is built into site that can be connected to Paypal for example (once account is arranged by yourself).
- Automated reporting of sales for billing.
- Optional initial “web optimisation” pack for an additional sum.
Contact [email protected] our Affiliations Manager for more information. (See sample contracts below)
What our Affiliates say:
"Not only are the courses of the highest standard and quality, the student feedback is great. We highly recommend any institution to deliver ACS courses."
- Shane Collison, Learning Cloud
“Working with an ethical institution like ACS as an affiliate has been a very positive experience. I appreciate the fact that the affiliates are valued highly and any suggestions are taken seriously and acted upon.”
- Dr Ramana Panda, Director, Health Academy Australia
"Warnborough is proud to be in partnership with a leading provider of distance learning programmes. ACS students obtain solid course guidance throughout their study programme. The bedrock of ACS, like Warnborough, is academic quality and attention to career needs."
- Dr. Brenden D. Tempest-Mogg, President, Warborough College
What do our affiliates think of us? Watch this video:
Want to know more? Click on the following links for more info before registering your interest
Telephone (Outside of the UK) +44 (0) 1384 442752 between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fax: International: +44(0)207 6812702
1. Are there any specific criteria that you require from an Affiliate?
We look for people who are basically of like mind to ourselves and other affiliates; and who have the capacity to make a success of marketing and delivering our courses.
There is no point (for you or us) going into a deal if you are trying to do something with our courses which they are not designed for; or if you are heading in a totally different direction to where we are going.
2. Could I create a portal for online training and market your training programs alongside training programs from other suppliers?
Yes; but we do like to talk to affiliates about the options. We have a great deal of experience and have seen too many potential affiliates flounder because they make mistakes that we've already seen made before.
3. How do you track the sales that you generate through affiliate sites?
It is the affiliate's responsibility to track sales and report to us monthly. The contract allows us to send in auditors if we suspect foul play, but this is an unlikely scenario if we are working with people who are credible and ethical.
4. I intend on creating an online catalogue populated with training programs, could I use your affiliate program to promote your training programs in this way?
This is a complex question in some respects. We do provide a great deal of marketing support, and some affiliates do deals with other affiliates. We use our web sites and experience to help build affiliates' web sites too. We not only provide a product to sell (i.e. courses), but also help with formulating strategies for marketing, management, provision of student services and so on. It's a rather comprehensive support package, and we're geared to doing things a certain way. There's a lot of room for customisation & differentiation between affiliates, but there are also limitations to the direction which an affiliate can take (eg. we have seen affiliates wanting to repackage & sell courses as a mass market item, without tutor support at a budget price over the counter, and that concept simply does not work here).
5. Could I set up an online shopping catalogue promoting your training programs with a link through to your shopping cart for order processing?
We've had hundreds of approaches from companies wanting to sell courses on commission, leaving us to deliver them. We DO NOT operate this way. This simply does not fit our business model.
We've developed a system that allows & makes it easy for affiliates to set up and deliver the courses themselves - we can help you set up your own school with very little infastructure or cost. This gives you much more profit; and is the model we are seeking to build.
6. Would you have any issue with me using content/wording from your site to promote your products on my own site?
We do allow this in start up phase; but encourage affiliates to differentiate from each other over time by customising the wording they use to their own business.
7. How are commissions paid?
Bank to bank transfer, either in Australian dollars or pounds sterling; either to our Australian Westpac account or our UK HSBC account.
8. What support do you provide for affiliates?
Initially we insist on 2 or 3 days of induction to familiarize a new affiliate with the product, services, marketing, and support services. This can be conducted face to face in either Australia (Gold Coast) or the UK (Stourbridge near Birmingham); or over the internet using Skype.
After this we provide:
- Mentoring from the UK and Australia via skype, email or phone (certain limitations may be specified by the contract)
- Support via an online (password protected) affiliates' room (this provides advice, aricles, artwork, a directory of potential tutors - so you don't need to advertise to find tutors, and more)
-Access to course upgrades continuously via an online (password protected) repository of courses
-News bulletins and reports, emailed frequently to affiliates
9. Are there any issues with marketing your training programs in Australia?
Again, this can be discussed at length, but the programs are designed specifically to be relevant in any country, climate or culture. There are no particularly significant concerns; though there can sometimes be issues for the occasional student or with the occasional course.
10. What recognition do your programs have?
This is another issue that can be discussed at length. Informally, and generally, our recognition is extremely good. Once you get down to specifics though, the answer to this question is going to be different for every course, and different in different countries.
We find that many potential affiliates assume that this is a critical factor.
In reality, we have done studies over a long period of time to determine the significance of formal recognition and accreditation, and for our market/demographic, this issue is surprisingly unimportant compared with many other factors.
Many of our qualifications are recognised by IARC. Some are accredited or recognised by government or relevant industry bodies. Others hold no formal recognition. Often recognition does not flow automatically to the new affiliate. Most accreditation bodies will approve a "specified institution" to deliver a "specified course". If a new institution starts enrolling students, normally that new institution will need to apply for "approval" in some way, shape or form before they can claim the recognition or accreditation This is the same in most colleges with most courses and in most countries... so even if you get your courses elsewhere, you still have that same problem to deal with!
For More Details...