Learn all about Landscaping!
Landscaping is a broad field. Some landscapers focus on hard landscaping. That is, they are more involved in construction of garden components like walls, gazebos, patios, and paving. Others prefer to focus more on soft landscaping. This means they are more concerned with planting, containers, and lawns. Some may get heavily involved in garden design whereas others might be more reliant on garden maintenance. The types of jobs available can also be variable with many working in private gardens but others working on large commercial projects in in public parks and gardens.
Given the wide range of possibilities, we have devised a course that emphasises flexibility. This certificate provides significant scope for students to select the areas that are of most interest or value to them. Whether you want to use it to broaden existing skills and knowledge, or to set a foundation for future employment or your own business, this course can be adjusted to maximise your needs.
- Study this comprehensive course to learn how to design new gardens or renovate old ones.
- Choose from a wide variety of landscaping modules to suit your specific interests and goals.
- Learn about plant identification, plant selection, garden styles, landscape construction, green walls and roofs, permaculture, and more!
- Find a landscaping job or start a landscaping business!
Note that each module in the CERTIFICATE IN LANDSCAPING is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Become proficient in soft or hard landscaping.
- Learn a range of landscaping and horticulture skills.
- Find out how to create different gardens styles.
- Choose your own electives to optimise your learning.
- Use what you learn to establish your own landscaping business, add to your existing skills, or expand your employment possibilities.
- Landscape gardener
- Garden designer
- Urban developer
- Small business